jmlm. Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 19

all in an evenings work

just as I sat down to write this doodle started crying.  I assume his tears are from the new front top tooth that's coming in.  Hopefully the dose of tylenol and orajel will be enough to help him through the night.  My poor little guy.  Welp...there he is again.
Here I am almost 30 minutes later and I've definately eaten up my few minutes that I was going to take before getting to bed.  Hopefully it's not going to be a long night.  I haven't been sleeping well as it is.  I honestly can't complain because both my little guys sleep very well.  I am not sure what I did to deserve that, but I do thank my lucky stars all the time!  I did atleast one thing right (somehow)! 

tonight was typical...got home later than I wanted.  Hubs cooked dinner while I looked through the mail and kept the kids occupied.  Here's a fun pic of doodle after dinner...I liked it because you can actually see his two bottom teeth.

as I put kman to bed tonight he immediately asked for BB (Bernie, his St Bernard stuffed animal).  A relative, "E" gave Bernie to me as a baby shower present and kman started having Bernie sleep in his crib around 9 months-they've been together ever since.  Thankfully we invested in two more BB's and its worked out well, we can wash one and still have one in reserve and he's never been without him.  We do put restrictions on him, as we try to keep him only for sleeping time.  He's never gone to daycare and typically doesn't leave unless Kman's going for an overnight.  Now that Kman's 4...we thought it might be time to put BB away.  All three BB's some how got in the wash at the same time and for a few nights he slept without him and never asked about him.  Of course the day hubs and I decided it might be time to move on, he saw him and it was all over.  Kman' had his 4 year old check up this week and because I knew he would be getting shots I thought it best to bring BB...a rare exception.  But so glad I did.  He really saved the day.

i wonder what BB thinks about our family?  Hopefully we've made him happy these last 4 years.  He's gone through many a tantrum and many a wash and he's hung in beautifully.  I think way back when one of the BB's needed to have a bit of surgery on his arm, but beyond that he's been rough and tough.  Lately Kman finds it amusing to toss him about all over his room and BB doesn't seem to mind at all.  Thanks for being such a great friend BB...you keep us safe and sound!
Recently, we've adopted a new friend for Doodle, a giraffe named Tip Top...we'll call him Tippy for now but I am sure Doodle will come up with his own name just as Kman did for BB. 

Well now that I've eaten up more time than planned-never fails I guess I'll call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment